• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator issues

builderboy

Got the new 923 almost home and the alternator started acting up. I took the belts off and drove her on home ( about 40 miles ) Took the alternator apart this morning and it was the back bearing had basically seized up. I can't get it to come out of the "craddle" " spot" and the shaft gets stuck when I try and the brass parts on the end past the bearing.

I would say the bearing is toast for sure and in pieces as it feels very rough when I try and turn the shaft by hand.

My idea is to take a small drill bit and basically drill several holes to try and get it to fall apart or until I can pick the pieces out.

Does anyone thing this might work, Has anyone every seen something like this before???

And Does anyone have a part number for this bearing since it looks like i am going to have to destroy it completely to get it apart.

I have searched about twenty threads and couldn't find my answers.

thanks for your time

builderoby