• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator just died

scottmh

I received TMAmerica bracket in. Just wanted to give everyone a update
alt bracket.jpg
Had to bend one of the ears to allow the alternator to slip in. not a big deal
alt bracket2.jpg

alt bracket3.jpg
I also had to drill out the top hole for the 27si to a larger 5/8 hole size to get the bolt in. The 12 volt alternator slipped in no problem.

alt bracket4.jpg
All in all looks like a nice piece. Next will be mocking it up on the Cat

Ive sourced locally the pulleys and fans ill need from a business that builds fire trucks

Last edited:

scottmh

So today was my attempt at installing the bracket onto the truck itself. To make a long story short, it doesn't fit...yet. I am going to have to get it to my shop and hook up my serpentine belt laser to the bracket and see whats going on. If I continue with the bracket I will have to modify the coolant surge tank bracket to allow the 12volt alternator to fit into the bracket. I may start from scratch. I dunno.

Because I decided that I would have to get my deuce to my shop I started changing my radiator hoses because my lower has a leak. I removed the lower only to find that the "replacement" hose I bought is a smaller diameter than the original thus it does not fit....sigh...now that I am completely discouraged and trying to find a source for a lower hose that will fit I am having a beer and relaxing with my kids the rest of the day.