• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator problem

Dmoser

Im having a problem pulling up the tech manuals so i cant pull up what i need to look up. if somebody could give me some help with my question that would be very helpful. my generator no. 1 light is coming on in my 84 M1009 (very dim) and i need to test the output of it, however i need to know the spec for the output of it. if somebody knows the amperage rating of it, and could tell me it would be much appriciated.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tech manuals can be found at www.jatonkam35s.com or Free Military Army Manuals! . Since the TM are off line here we have been talking about this sites for months.

The TM 9-2320-289-34 has a section dedicated to the alternator. Rebuilding and testing.

Before you start any electrical work, charge and load test your batteries. Many electrical issues are caused by bad or dying batteries.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks