• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator problems?...try this

The coolest thing besides the reasonable cost is the extra space gained. Another accessory could more easily be added, like an A/C compressor. Also the primary fuel filter might be more accessible on the M35.

If there is room to add an accessory....could you simply use two 12 volt alternators?....aside from the brackets-you can find the GM based alts really cheap....this would give you 26-28 volts charging and the tap ability to just get 13-14volts as well....not to mention off the shelf cheap replacement parts.

(Is this even an option? I am alternator/generator ignorant).

avengeusa

If there is room to add an accessory....could you simply use two 12 volt alternators?....aside from the brackets-you can find the GM based alts really cheap....this would give you 26-28 volts charging and the tap ability to just get 13-14volts as well....not to mention off the shelf cheap replacement parts.

(Is this even an option? I am alternator/generator ignorant).
If mounting 2 alternators it is just as simple to have one for 24v, and one for 12.....

less complicated wiring also

rivired

Im Trying to Get one of these kits but i cant get ahold of avengeusa...Any help?

does anybody know what alternator the kit useS? cuz im sick of waiting. if i can get the right alternator to ask for ill just make my own bracketry.

avengeusa

I am here!

I have had a site crash and my email is not working, try my alternate email addy

avengeusa@yahoo.com, i am going to change my email in my profile so it is easier to get in touch with me..... still working on the site, server, and all that stuff

trukhead

Dear Avengerusa, Any rthoughts of making this fit an M35A3 with a prestolite,?

Aay yi yi. My M35A3 won't make juice in the green on the gauge, Yikes. I will start to perform diagnostics as per the manuals and other trickery of electrics and all that other black magic.

Is the prestolite in an M35A3 any thing like the altenators in the M35A2?

I would like to install the 24 volt compatible alternator in My M35A3 that has the stock accessories.

I found:hammer::jumpin: your website and will give a jingle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks