• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator pulley in wrong place

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have gotton 2 different alt pulleys from guys and both were wrong. the first I found was from a 465 multifuel. but the next should have been right, but no #'s on it. It went on good, but when I put the alt on the pulley was 3/4" behind the main pulley's it would have thrown then off. So I rook it back off and moved the bracket to the front, put it back on and still 1/2" off. Is the pulley nut resessed inside the pulley
because this one is just flat. does anyone have a correct part # for one. I called 2 parts houses we have listed one said he had a new one for $95. the next place called me back and said they had a used one for $140.00
Does anyone have any answers or suggestions?

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I pulled the alt part number from the TM and it shows to be correct, the pulley did not have a number on it.
My alt looks nothing like the one in the picture, mine is twice the size.
It is 9.5" long, 8.25 from outside to outside bracket legs and another 2" that the shaft sticks out of the front. PN# 10929868

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would help others to know what you're working on. I assume it's your M923, but others my not.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I found the correct alt pulley on ebay for $29. It is recessed on one side and has about a 3/4"
area where the shaft goes on the other side. I matched the #'s also so it will be here Wed.
Thanks

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
alternator

I found the correct alt pulley on ebay for $29. It is recessed on one side and has about a 3/4"
area where the shaft goes on the other side. I matched the #'s also so it will be here Wed.
Thanks

sandcobra164

I hate that the one I sent you was not correct. I pulled it from a M923A1 just as your truck is, still had the belts on it when I got to it. Perhaps they have different alternators, the pulley came off a 60 amp for what it's worth and every M939 I've come across has that same alternator.

sandcobra164

I figured it out today while working on the M818. The 800 series have a recessed pulley on their alternators like the one that you described as lining up with your set up . You purchased and 800 series alternator and that's why the 900 series pulley that I sent you didn't line up. Both of them are 60 Amp alternators but different brackets and input shafts and the cases are slightly different as well. I'll see if I can dig up a 900 series alternator next week, use the pulley and brackets that come with it and you should be fine!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks