• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Questions

dochunt

I just purchased a rebuild kit for isolated alternator on fleabay for $57. My passenger side alt light is on in my CUCV. Having rebuilt a lot of alternators in the years (dating myself obviously), I think it is easy enough and I'll let you know how it goes.

2INSANE

Weird! Both alternators are working well but the Gen lights flash. Where on the Alternators are the Gen lights wired to? The tach signal connector?

Keith_J

Weird! Both alternators are working well but the Gen lights flash. Where on the Alternators are the Gen lights wired to? The tach signal connector?
The two wire plastic connector. One should have a switched connection to its battery ( driver alt to front battery..) The other goes to the respective dash light bulb.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks