• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Testing.

there is a gentalman at our work that does all our electric work on all types of construction equiptment. he tested my #1 alt and said it needed a regulator and brushes. i bought them and it still does not test good. we have a starter-altinator tester that spins them up.he then tested all the components inside and the all tested good. could it be because of the isolated ground. i sent the brushes up to napa and they got me the parts.the man at napa has alot of time under his belt doing this also. what am i missing

it was not putting out (not charging) this all started in my other post i have on this forum. i hooked up a 12 electric pump to run a plow. i hooked to the first battery and thought where it was mounted would be ok. when i pushed the button for the pump it stopped charging. i have only one wire going to the battery for power. the rest is self contained. im thinking it may have been the ground not being good enough