• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Testing.

there is a gentalman at our work that does all our electric work on all types of construction equiptment. he tested my #1 alt and said it needed a regulator and brushes. i bought them and it still does not test good. we have a starter-altinator tester that spins them up.he then tested all the components inside and the all tested good. could it be because of the isolated ground. i sent the brushes up to napa and they got me the parts.the man at napa has alot of time under his belt doing this also. what am i missing

it was not putting out (not charging) this all started in my other post i have on this forum. i hooked up a 12 electric pump to run a plow. i hooked to the first battery and thought where it was mounted would be ok. when i pushed the button for the pump it stopped charging. i have only one wire going to the battery for power. the rest is self contained. im thinking it may have been the ground not being good enough

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks