• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator upgrading

Dead pilot

So my M36 didn't come with a generator or alternator and the bracket. So I'm trying to get some inputs to upgrade to something better or put the milspec one back in. I saw a few older post about people using wolverine technologies and one other I can't remember right now. So just looking for input.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you whip up a bracket I'd just use a Delco 24V single wire and be done with it.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to gear-report.com and look at the deuce alternator upgrade. We just did a simple 24v upgrade over stock. Nothing fancy, under $150 for new alt, pulley, bolts brackets. Very easy DIY. First time my deuce has charged in almost a year. I was trying to go the wolverine route too, but they have horrible customer service. Never call back.

Not for the Niehoff alternator you do not. It does have to be hooked up to batteries for the charge voltage to kick on I think it has a voltage sensor. You ll also need a double pulley for it. If it doesn't come with one. I had to buy one because mine came with the serpentine pulley.

Attachments

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the input. And I'm guessing ya would have to get the adapter cable to hook it up

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
With the diy kit, no, you only need your ground and the hot which should be present. Alternator is clearly labeled as well. Easy wiring.