• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator wiring question

dc_cucv

Just got my CUCV running (needed new starter) and also just replaced the drivers side alternator.

I have my pass side ready to go and mounted, but have not connected it since I am unsure of the wiring. I see two 10g red wires - one has an orange line with an inline fuse in it - and the 2 pin connector ( i know where that goes).

My question is which wire goes to the positive terminal on the pass alternator and which goes on the isolated ground post?

For the drivers side alt, I have in connected, but i noticed there is a thin black wire that did not have anywhere to connect to....

Attachments

Last edited:

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCV Charging Circuits

Looking at the schematic, for the passenger side alternator, it appears that the large Red with the Orange wire, connects to the Positive terminal.
The single large Red wire connects to the isolated Negative terminal.
You may want to verify the other end of these wires with an ohm meter.
1649860682809.png

The smaller Black with the White trace wire, connects to the Ground of the Drivers side alternator. It is the ground for the diagnostic connector.
1649860575732.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks