• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator

steyr06

Hi All

I would like to install a High Output Alternator to my M1008. There is 1 stock alternator and 12v starter in the truck now, so I don't need ground isolated alt only.

1. As I understood from the forum, the stock alternator is SI series, not sure 10 or 12?

2. Do we have " Three-wire Alternator" ?
Three-wire Alternator:This setup uses a battery wire, ignition/warning light wire and voltage sensing wire, Three wires. Voltage sensing is used when you want
the alternator to read voltage at some other point than the battery. Or the battery wiring is such that the battery is a long distance from the alternator.

3. I found 170AMP alternator which I think can easily replace the 100AMP stock one. Am I right?
7273M A170 Amp 12Si Series Standard Voltage Regulator Alternator

4. Are there any bigger alternators available for our trucks? 200 AMP or 250AMP?

Is it possible to install AD244 Series Alternator somehow? Like this one Avalanche, Silverado, Escalade, Yukon, Suburban, Sierra, Trailblazer, Tahoe, Any Late Model Vortec V-8 and more! Delco Remy AD244 type Alternator Upgrade

tourus

if the truck is already 12 volt i would put another allt. back on 2 100 amp alt would be 200amps. or like i did was put 2 acdelco 22si heavy truck altyou can put the 150amp style then you would have 300amps sweet. my 1010 has 2 160 amp so a tolal of 320 under hood just my 2cents

steyr06

Instead of second alternator I'm planning to install AC, that is why I want to keep only 1 alternator but more powerfull than the stock one.
Can you post a link to 160AMP alternator you have?

rnd-motorsports

Sorry to bring bad news but putting two alts. on a 12 volt system will not get you twice the amps the regulaters in the alternators dont work that way only one alt will do the charging the other will sense the high volt and do nothing but take up space. you have to get a alt that will fit the mounts first off like is on your truck you can get a higher output alt they are out there but getting harder to find. If you have no problem making mounts then you can install any alt you want the newer ones are rpm activated instead of volt senceing and are easy to wire

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the original poster had continued his other post on his battery project/ issues, you would know what he is trying to accomplish. This is why it's best to continue a thread(on the same vehicle and general topic), rather than start a new thread.

steyr06

Can you post a link to the high output alt wich I can buy and install without making new mounts? Thanks

2 doghead - sorry, you are probably right, next time I'll continue my first thread. I have many questions :smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks