• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternators on M1009 voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverbend

I have been told that the alternators on my CUCV M1009 are suceptable to EMP or solar flare (or CME) damage, to have spares, what should I get, will regular chevy 12 volt alternators for a 1986 K5 replace the two that are on it now?
Anything else that would be disabled on it by an EMP or solar flare that I should have on hand just in case.
I do have a spare glow plug control board, I am pretty sure that would fry, just gathering up what may be needed if either ever hit.
I bought it to be able to keep moving if need be and am sure there are members here that can guide me to where I need to be.
Thanks ahead of time,:tank:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We do not allow Zombie threads, EMP thread, nuclear blast theres, political threads,auction threads etc. Too many other sites for that.

The threads that do get started, go way off track quickly and are closed down. So this one is closing also.

Now if you want to post an alternator question, you are more than welcome ot do that.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search, this has been covered before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks