• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Altitude Attitude?

acme66

Getting ready to run the truck for our tour business this summer and that means spending a lot of time between 5000 and 8000 feet. It is a 1984 923 so the non-turbo 855. Can anyone give me an idea about what to expect? I assume power loss but what about starting issues? Just looking into what I can expect.

Ken

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'd look to replace the stock air cleaner with something less restrictive unless you are going to be in a dusty environment. There is not much you can do with the "Nifty 250". You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still going to oink.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not really an answer to performance, put a load in (figure 175 lbs per seat) it and go run your route pre season doing all the starts and stops like customers where loaded. Worked at a place in the Ozarks years ago that had it all planned out time wise but forgot to figure how long it takes to get 20 folks in their 70's on off and on a bus at the different stops.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the bright side, the thinner air of altitude should make the truck appear like a slightly smaller barn:)

azteclizard

I have a M925a1 w/w that has the 250 in it. I dont have any issues with mine at all, or perhaps I have just never had my truck at sea level to know the difference. Id assume as long as you dont have it loaded down to max trying to climb some of our mountian roads you should be fine.