• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum Brazing Rods on Facebook

ewylam

Has anyone used the aluminum brazing rods that are all over facebook. I'm wondering if I could use the effectively to fill the holes left by the armor?

twisted60

I bought the Facebook rods for a project. I did not have good luck with them so I bought Blue Devil (I think it was) on amazon and had great success. Personally I’ll buy the ones off amazon again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HN6

I weld a good amount of aluminum and this subject got my attention. I did a quick search and found some good answers. Definitely would not work for what I do 90% of the time. For filling holes I think it could work really well. It really is best for lap joints on thin material. looks like it only needs 600-800 degrees to flow. Should be great for filling holes. I might buy tube of it to entertain myself with.

AAVP7

I´ve brazed alu parts on other projects with rods like these. They might work for closing holes, but`m pretty sure that you wil need to bring the sheet metal to a horizontal position. Otherwise, the liquid solder will simply run away.