• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum Cleaner/Polish

WarrenD

I have a Mermite Can that I'm looking to spiff up and was looking for a good aluminum polish/cleaner for the inside of the can. I have all kinds of stuff for fiberglass, plexi, cars etc but need something safe for the Aluminum. Any recommendations?

jw4x4

Use a product by Eagle called Never Dull. It's a wadding aluminum polish. Works great and doesn't take a whole lot of effort.

3dAngus

I've used it too. Very good. IN case of scratches, dings, scuffs, etc, use a drill and buffer pad and Harbor Freight has a number of polishes for chrome, aluminum, metals of all sorts all in one kit where you can buff it out with the polish on a stick. Make it look like new. Or just the aluminum polishing kit itself, ...

Aluminum Polishing Tool Kit - 14 Piece

WarrenD

Thanks. I think I have a can of Never Dull so I think I'll give that a try first.

zout

no no no - all that ^^^^^ stuff is junk (just kidding fellas)

Ace Hardware also has a great product but I cannot remember its full name. It comes in a tin about the size of rubbing compound - the product name starts with an M (kinda like playing hangman huh) it is like a ruge and pinkish in color.

It also has a protectorant in it to keep ozidization slower in its process and next time the item is polished its easier.

Can is blue and white. Do not hold me to this but I think its called Met-all or something like that.

BTW - ^^^^ that other stuff is almost as good (haha)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks