• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Always problems at the worst times

usmc81301

I have drove from Colorado to Memphis (for school) and Memphis to DC and have been on my way home (Colorado) for Christmas and all seems to be well until at about the half way point I stop for fuel and then the bendix goes out and she won't start. Never showed any signs of problems and then just stops. So I am stopped for the night and hopefully will be ready to go tomorrow morning. It always will happen at the least convenient times.

P.S. It is a HMMWV and you get strange looks when asking for repairs. Thank God their systems are somewhat universal.

usmc81301

Thanks for all this good thoughts. I am also glad it did not die on Wolf Creek. No I have the 6.5TD and the 4L80E but I don't really push it hard on the road. I just like the quieter ride and better fuel mileage.