• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM-598U and PRC-10 info

TKRESS1

I have a AM-598U and a PRC-10 radio setup with all the correct cables installed in my M35A2. i don't think it is currently working and would like to see if anyone can check this out and give me a hand. Radios are not not my thing but would love to get into them. Thanks

Wile E. Coyote

Check your fuses first. They're under the black caps in the front of the AM-598. Unfortunately every one of those things I've had has something blown - 2E26 tube, I think...been awhile and my manuals are too far away in storage. Basically you're going to need at least one 'known quantity'; either the radio or the power supply. Otherwise you'll be chasing your tail.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any more info on this setup? Or where to get a AM-598? I have access to two NEW PRC-10's and am debating whether to get them..

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how and where do they mount? Are the radios removable once installed? I can get the NOS PRC's for a very decent price, I am just trying to decide if worth it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks