• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Am general 916 wheel swap

Hughescattle

I’m sure this has been covered somewhere in here, but I’m a newby... I have an am general 916 and I’d like to super single it out with 20 inch wheels and 14.00 r20 tires. Obviously the rear won’t be a problem, but I’ve heard the front end will need some work done to make it happen. Any pointers and suggestions would be much appreciated!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
7in grinder and just grind and make about 10 passes. You will need 2 disc for the job
Or take the hub and drum to a machine shop

You are only grinding the raised inside lip.

Works best to grind a notch for the valve stem as some valve stem types stick up more than others

Aluminum 20in wheels such as caiman tyoe will not fit with even with it all ground down

Last edited:

Hughescattle

7in grinder and just grind and make about 10 passes. You will need 2 disc for the job
Or take the hub and drum to a machine shop

You are only grinding the raised inside lip.

Works best to grind a notch for the valve stem as some valve stem types stick up more than others

Aluminum 20in wheels such as caiman tyoe will not fit with even with it all ground down
Thanks bud!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks bud!
Also Hemtt wheels offer the least amount of grinding than the others. Lmtv wheels are the worst.

For note to anyone who may need this information. The same grinding must be done for 22.5 wheels on the steer as well. Aluminum 22.5 wheels in 22.5 x 8.5, 22.5 x 12.25, 22.5 x 13 will not fit even with grinding

tobyS

Is the bolt pattern a 1" bolt, 10 x 11.25" bc, I have some 20" x10" rims, new. They are steel Hendersons I think.

I was thinking about using the outer ring from sand trail tires rim and make them 11" but have not pulled the trigger on the little bit of machining needed to do that .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks