• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General M916 without the CCC

glj

Banned
Sorry, folks. I'm sure I will be directed to the many other discussions, but a quick look could't find the answer to this question. I know that some of the AM General M916's were made by Commercial Crane Company.

But what about an AM General that has the grill ornament where CCC normally goes, but there is not CCC there. I would assume that these are made directly by AM General, and not the one time subsidiary CCC. These are 1978 or 1979 models (forget which year; I believe 1978) . Both are the same year models. One M916 has the CCC and the other has nothing there.

Thank you.

Gary

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think its as simple as this - when it was repainted or refurbished, it wasn't put back on.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think its as simple as this - when it was repainted or refurbished, it wasn't put back on.
Methinks you are correct Sir. When I was at Fort Benning we had two M916's, one had the CCC and one did not. The one without had been to 3rd Shop for a MWO and paint and came back without it.

Chief_919

We had one in Afghanistan that got the front smashed, when we ordered the parts the front came without the CCC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks