• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Am I dreaming to find one?

ProJunkRacing

Hey I am 20 years old and have been interested in a duece forever , My dad was in the Navy Seabees , andso growing up i was always around them. but here is my question .....

Would it be impossible to buy a M35 in a tractor configuration somewhere for under $4000

I just want it in running condition Muliti Fuel would be nice turbo would be cool but am I dreaming?

Also How much would i be spending to Buy a FlatBed Military Trailer or a Lowboy ?

Always wanted a duece , and I need to buy one before I get married because then she can say no now , I can do it without her permission .

I would be Using It For a Recovery Truck , And to Pull Around My Offroad Trucks

What do you all think?

Attachments

Desert Rat

PJR,

E is right. Mine BOUGHT mine for my birthday a few years back. Actually she gave me the money to find one and buy it. She believes in surviving. She was glad we had it during the "Rita" evacuation too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The current prices of deuces today it's tough to say if you can or can't get what you need for your wants. The deuce in a tractor configuration is the M275A2 and has a shorter wheelbase. One might even consider converting a cargo. The 275s aren't very popular and as such are spotty to sell. If you're the only one looking they sell reasonable, if someone else wants one they can go high. You might be better with a civy lowboy as the military ones are quite heavy. The deuce tractor is best kept towing close to 20,000# or less. Attached is a pic of my M275A2.

Attachments

Wick246

Kenny if the tractor can pull 20,000# trailers would the cargo version handle 12,000# trailers o.k.? Just curious as the engine ratings seem so anemic on paper.

Pro I don't think your $4,000.00 goal is undoable. You may also be able to pick one up that needs paint or minor things fixed and save some money also. Looks like you can do most of that stuff yourself.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wick, in theory it should. The deuce tractor is rated at 36,000# highway but I can tell you that it's all I can do to move 26,000# at near highway speed and my tractor is an exceptional runner. I've flat towed many a deuce with another deuce and thats over 13,000# so to answer your question, 12,000 shoudn't be a problem. When I towed my wrecker back from Lake City (weighs 19,775#) it took me the better part of a mile to reach 55 mph but maintaining that speed was no problem at all. 60 was no problem either. Just depends on how well the truck runs. My last M35A2C ran about the same empty as my tractor did towing another deuce.

rmgill

Get A deuce tractor and a tag trailer. Add an m105 bed to the tractor (stretch the cut outs and cut off the front wall of the trailer bed. Then n add an S250 shelter for a camper on the back of your deuce. Then you have a short wheel base that can get back in the woods to get your truck and drag it out if you have a serious break down and you also have a place to sleep.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GovLiquidation had a really nice looking one last month in OK, that went for under 3K. Just keep looking for one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks