• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Am I Nuts?

toddbe

I am restoring a 1952 M37 with my son. We decided to do a frame-off restoration, which will take longer than we first thought. So my son says - Dad I'm a senior and I really wanted a military truck to drive for my senior year - can we get another one?? I want a "big one". I stated if we could find a nice one, in good condition, for the right price . . .

GL - 1971 M35A2 - 1,078 miles, 180 hours, little rust, auctioned for a good price. After two months of waiting on paperwork - it is now in the driveway. Now waiting for the Form 97 to 'legally' drive it.

I think I have a lot of reading to do to learn about our new toy. Advice always welcome.

The dollar investment into the two trucks - not even going to total it. The value of history that is being worked on and past down to my son - PRICELESS!

Last edited by a moderator:

engineer233

Congrats on the new truck. My advice is always check the brake fluid before every trip. Use only dot 5 . That being said be sure to do a good pre trip as well .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the new purchase. The OD Fever is contagous.

Make sure you vist the Deuce Forum, read all you can, read the stickies and download the free Technical Manuals (TMs)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see there is another MICHIGANDER bit by the green bug. That's cool. Welcome from SE, Michigan. Remember we all like pictures around here. Cell phone pics seem to be the best...!

Ridgerunner

Another fellow Deuce owner in Holland to BS with...excellent. I live on the southside, and have a couple parts trucks, if you ever need anything.

toddbe

Ridgerunner - My son and I just have to see your truck. Southsider also. 142nd and 61st - just look for the crane or the truck in the front yard!

caliber1

You bought the deuce After the M37? That's just crazy.

You're supposed to get the deuce first and then the M37......... like I did :wink:
Is that etched in stone some where? I need to show my wife this rule. LMAO:jumpin:

Toddbe, your son is a lucky young man. Make plenty of memories with him and those trucks.:driver:

dmetalmiki

Nuts you are NOT..and the comradie and rappour between your son and self is going up by 100s of % as you progress...he is one lucky chap..and you also (seem like) are one heck of a father to involve him thus...

Scarecrow1

Of course your nuts ,you buy what the US Gov determined to be to costly to keep in its arsenal . It's big slow and gets the worse fuel millage you can think of. And to boot it just doesn't make good since to even try to explain why you have it in your yard. So yes you are crazy but ,,,,look at all the company you have :cookoo:

Capt.Marion

Sounds like you got it bad!

My number 1 tip is to find another Steel Soldiers member near you with a M35A2 and see if you can meet up with them and get them to give you a good intro to these trucks. Getting some seat time on one before you pick up yours is always a plus, too. There are so many simple but crucial tips and tricks with these trucks that it's 200% well worth (and a lot of fun, too) to get a chance to go over them in person with somebody with some experience with them before you dive in.

Welcome to Steel Soldiers, too, from a-ways down South!