• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Am I the only one with the wrong Mirror on my CUCV?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The passenger side mirror on my M1008 has the same glass in it as the drivers side mirror has, so no "Objects Are Larger than They appear" type view in it. I found a replacement on ebay shipped for $20, I like the larger field of view. From the mirrors I have seen in my mirror search on SS it looks like other 08's have the proper passenger side glass in their mirrors or have they modified them?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM parts manual shows only the standard flat mirror. The CUCVs I have owned have only had the standard mirrors on both sides.

Last edited:

Keith_J

What you favor. I prefer flat on both. These are easy to DIY replace, cheap to ship too. Attaches with double stick foam tape.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The passenger side mirror on my M1008 has the same glass in it as the drivers side mirror has, so no "Objects Are Larger than They appear" type view in it. I found a replacement on ebay shipped for $20, I like the larger field of view. From the mirrors I have seen in my mirror search on SS it looks like other 08's have the proper passenger side glass in their mirrors or have they modified them?
I bought a replacement mirror glass from O'Reilly's and siliconed it to the OEM mirror. I think it was only 12-15 dollars. Can't recall if it has the "OALTTA" text on it, but it makes a world of difference.

Drock

Wow I'm glad I read this thread. Mine also has the flat mirror in it. I added one of those small stick on fisheye mirrors as I have on all my big work truck ,but I was still having trouble seeing out of it. I thought it was just me getting old:drool:. So I will be changing it out to the convexed style mirror.

jw4x4

I personally despise those "Fun House" mirrors on the right hand side of any vehicle. They are garbage. May give a wider view, but it is too distorted. I prefer standard mirrors on both sides with convex mirrors added to suit.
My 932 has the perfect mirrors (THANKS KENNY!!). The top parts are flat, and there is a convex built into the bottom portion. The original round shaped spot mirrors are still mounted on the brackets also. The 1009 has flats with spots on both sides.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks