• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

American Pickers M1008

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time I go to Colemans Surplus, TNJ Murray's, or some other yard I feel like one of the American Pickers crew. Picking through junk to find the parts I need, that are like gold to me. I'm sure a few others here feel the same way.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just wonder how those fellers can drive all over the country from Iowa to buy stuff for a few dollars??
Once in awhile, they buy a car or sumpin for a few thousand and a rollback shows up and hauls it away...back to Iowa??

I know it's TV but gosh...I would go "picking" every day if I had that kinda support!!:jumpin:

OH...and the CUCV looks good to...wonder why they didn't make an offer on that?

ryan77

with diesel 4 bucks a gallon and hotel rooms etc i dont know how they do it, what they show on tv wouldnt even cover the fuel!!! They must get a big check from history channel!!!

Danger Ranger

We like to sit back and laugh at the prices they value or sell something at...esp when its in our field of "expertise"...like tractor stuff.:mrgreen:8):cookoo:
A lot of it is waaayyy too low, we can find the same items for sale at double or more...in a bunch of places. History channel check...:roll:
I do agree on the good show part though.

isaacucv

They make good money on some stuff though, like that vespa scooter they had. I think they made like 10 grand on it maybe?

asgtoolman

They just "cleaned house" going thru South Carolina on an episode that ran tonight. One location had a few Jaguars and Rolls-Royces that I would love to see up close and personal.
Wouldn't mind doing a recovery on one of those!

topgun217

I thought for sure owner would have chirped in by now. I believe they were in Burbank. I'm with you all, it's a great show, pricey+- on some stuff, and I agree on they need to ditch mini-van and buy a mv; would make the show way more appealing......haha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks