• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ammo Trailer or m105a2.....Which to buy first.

Which to buy first?

• Total voters

72cj5

I am going to buy a trailer this weekend. I have 5 105's to chose from and 3 ammo trailer's to choose from.

Which one would you buy first and why?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the "none of the above" option? Call me a party pooper but I just can't get excited about either of these trailers. Difficult to hitch up (early 105's), a pain to back up, can't get turned around on a trail, etc . . .

MDSA

I have an ammo trailer and love it. The low deck makes it easier to load, the tailgate can be chained (with the purchase of a little extra chain) to lay horizontally and offer a prime place to sit at a comfortable height as well as allow for the loading of long items such as logs. It has a fuse box/tool box up front, and an extra pintel hook if needing to pull 2 trailers. The 105 does have a lot more storage area if you have the bows and cover, but at a much higher distance off the ground. That is a major concern for us older Steel Soldiers. Unless you are hauling a lot of stuff, the 332 should be sufficient.

Plus I think it looks cool.

papercu

Ammo trailer is too heavy for my tastes
Looks are deceiving. Actually there is not much difference in weight, the M105 is 2650 lb empty and the M332 is 2800 lb empty and the lower bed is a plus. Wayne

Green_gator

You need both, if you can find an ammo trailer with the cover I would grab that first. It seems that the covers for the 332 are almost as rare as a cover for a generator trailer.

72cj5

So you did get one?
Yep pretty nice trailer brand new tires,air hoses,lights,light wireing,It has three side racks ,the nice landing leg,I only have 4 bows. So I will be looking for a bow and cover. If anyone has a lead on a cover let me know. I belive it will work with only 4 bow's for now.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am trailer sitting FreightTrain's ammo trailer....and I have several 105's.....as stated above it depends on what the mission is......the low deck of the ammo trailer makes it ideal to haul a 4 wheeler, lawn mower or other small vehicles.....and with those big springs you can really load the wagon if your prime mover will handle it.

72cj5

I am trailer sitting FreightTrain's ammo trailer....and I have several 105's.....as stated above it depends on what the mission is......the low deck of the ammo trailer makes it ideal to haul a 4 wheeler, lawn mower or other small vehicles.....and with those big springs you can really load the wagon if your prime mover will handle it.
I will own this one in a month or so. Had full rebuild prior to DS 90-91. And they never used it for a mission then shipped back. It is in great shape.

Attachments

Shizzlemah

Idunno, I have two M332s and haven't used them in 10+ years. Relatively small box, limited hauling capacity (unless you are hauling lead).

The 105 would be my choice too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks