• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AMMPS through gov auctions

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks,

similar to what we have seen with o hundred and 8 hundred series, 372 AMMPS (1030 to 1070) have been sold through gov auctions since August of last year.

The average price tag was US$ 6,500 with many as high as close to 12K and the lowest non running was at $ 3,750

Amazing what stimulus money and child tax credit can accomplish

Congratulations, I would like to wish every proud new owner the best of luck
and don't forget the diapers.........
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about your new AMMPS and you don't feel comfortable posting here publicly.

Peter

P.S. the US Military uses a paper to clean the oil dipstick which is commonly referred to as Diaper because of it looks and feel.....

rickf

Can you even work on these without a diagnostic computer? For that kind of money I will buy a commercial unit that parts are readily available for. I can have a natural gas unit set up for less than 8 grand! Power goes out and genny starts up, I don't even have to go outside.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you even work on these without a diagnostic computer?
Yes, a regular DMM or VOM will get you pretty far. Some members here have successfully changed the LCD's in the CDS and I have revived one which had cold solder connections and corrosion inside the CDS.

Otherwise troubleshooting is straight forward by using repair manual and the error / fault codes on display

I have not had a CDS here with defective semi conductors. Some off those are fairly easy to change other require special solder and x-ray equipment for proper pin alignment.

Nothing really out of the extraordinary compared to other today's electronics.

Peter

rickf

If you are talking fault codes then you are working with an ECM. And ECM's are basically computers so diagnostics will go beyond multimeters on a lot of stuff. And I was thinking more along the lines of the engines and engine controls since I am a mechanic and not much of an electronics technician. Are the engines also controlled by ECM?

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are talking fault codes then you are working with an ECM. And ECM's are basically computers so diagnostics will go beyond multimeters on a lot of stuff. And I was thinking more along the lines of the engines and engine controls since I am a mechanic and not much of an electronics technician. Are the engines also controlled by ECM?
The ECM in the AMMPS are integrated into the
DCS, which stands for Digital Control System
it also has the AVR and governor control in it

ECM, AVR, Governor Control and I/O’s are on back circuit board
808FC14D-A515-4B23-961A-F1EB51AD2AB3.jpeg
FC77B020-BFF9-4B0A-ACDF-AA513CBEF356.jpeg

front pcbs:
Left:
Communication
U- shape: I/O, voltage regulator, lcd backlight etc
Top rotary switch: E-Stop
Lower rotary switch: ECS Engine Control Switch
Rectangular board: CPU, RAM, ROM, SSD, Video etc
5C3555A0-B100-4E23-AC05-E3FCD6C47ADF.jpeg

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the error codes are displayed on the LCD

the CDS has USB connector and you can access all stored error codes with a pc/laptop which has inpower AMMPS installed.

cummins has two versions available, military and civilian. They cannot be interchanged.

further, the military uses special IBM laptops for many applications and some software may not run on regular ibm compatible PC’s

in the full version of the military inpower AMMPS, all parameters can be accessed and altered. Like upper and lower limits for voltages, currents, rpm’s, pre heat time etc etc etc.

The firmware can also be updated from laptop

the only thing you cannot do is remote start through usb or serial port. This option is only available on commercial AMMPS.
But you can buy our auto start kit for Military AMMPS and retrofit it (see link in signature)

A406CF85-6915-4BE9-8CEE-276BE26B8AEA.jpeg

24E6DB11-79F5-48C5-A47F-0F1F69F69473.jpeg

8AA96855-5613-4F83-81E4-4404C4257692.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks