• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amphibious?

MaiNiaK

Right behind the drivers side of the cab. The exhaust is underneath. They also have pugs for differentials for forging rivers. I don't believe they where ment to go that deep though.

bchauvette

How stupid is that!!!! golden rule #1 before fording "Know what your getting into" literally. Not only are they are no longer part of the solution they now compounded the problem. Can't they tell how deep it is by comparing water level to surrounding structures? Is there not a deep water fording S.O.P. IE If you need scuba gear to continue you are too deep.

MaiNiaK

1951M1078 no wonder why so many people have electrical issues with thier trucks.

i thought it was Fording and not Forging. My friends are all Chevy and Dodge nuts and one lives right on a river. Last year one of them was crossing the river and I said "he was Fording the river" I was quickly corrected... "You Ford lover, it's forging not fording".... LOL I was right all along...
image.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That video has been posted many times here. Luckily no one drown.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Does the exhaust have constant pressure or something? So water cant get it. Its pretty low but the engine does move a good volume of air. There is an air line from the exhaust to the intake filter box.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No electrical components in the cab are waterproof. Its amazing to me the Allison TCM functioned.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Not this video again.

That tells me that it must be time again for the question about what the key code is for a CUCV

and

Hey everyone, check out this neat tool box that looks like a jerry can but it's a tool box.

Some stuff just won't goooooooo away.

MaiNiaK

Figures the new guy posts old media...

I'll be be sure to stay off the jerry can and CUCV key code topics.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
One was sold off in PA a few months ago newer A1 all green one super clean truck other than the fact it had been completely submerged.

Mike Wryley

I think I own that truck, came from Picatinney, a 1078A1, not certain but there is silt on the sun visors,
have been using it for parts, but you're right the cab was real clean, seats still were water logged, have not had a chance to see if the engine is locked up or anything else, so far the CTIS computer and valve assembly were fine.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Probably the one. All green. One of the only mtv trucks I have seen go thru PA. I remember it going for decent money for its condition.

Tetz

I'm just an amateur, but I don't think an LMTV would float. I think they either got too deep and flooded the snorkel, caused too much back pressure and killed the engine, or slowed down bringing the snorkel out of the wake of the cabin and causing the flooding. Once the engine stopped, either hydrolocking or backpressure, I don't think the turbo is going to keep the water out for long. :(

The exhaust location is a factor in your fording depth. The Marine Corps HMMWV has it's exhaust outlet at the same level as the intake snorkel and can almost ford deep enough to need scuba gear.