• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AMX-13

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One sold at an auction in France on 4/3. Anyone here get it? I put in a bid based on the pre auction estimate (10k - 20k Euro), but it quickly went out of sight beyond my meager budget.

With premium, it sold for around 51k Euro.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very small, like my budget. I can't afford a Chieftan, a Leopard or anything "main battle" tank'ish. I could afford something like a Priest, but those are so old. This is at least a modern tank and still in use with a handful of countries. If I could've gotten it cheap enough (because y'know, shipping isn't cheap), then fixing it up wouldn't have been so bad. I wasn't looking to restore it to stock, I just want to drive it. One of the first things I had planned to do was an engine swap to something more modern, easier to work on, where parts are easier to get.

eMGunslinger

You really would not want a Chieftain anyway. The Leylands in them are not that good, they still require some updating and modifications even on the latest generation. Chieftains are also small, center driver hatch is meh, and the driving position sucks. Shipping would be 35k or so from Europe to WA. The Leo is great except you should convert the ECU over.

Owning a Centurion AVRE, knowing just about anyone who owns tanks in the US since I am always trying to buy/sell more, and seeing everything on the internet if you serious need help or want suggestions on buying tracked armor I would be happy to help anyway I can.

Guy contacted me on another board because he knows I am bringing my Cent in from England now and wanted a bunch of advice. Dont think he is going to go through with the purchase now after I broke down shipping, working on magnetos, ethanol fuel issues....etc.

TBH you saved yourself not getting that AMX even for 20k

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks