• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An alternative to the Park brake Switch

Bandit02

Ever since I bought my truck, the fail-safe had been unplugged.

With in plugged in the issue was the park brake light/buzzer wouldn't shut off. I diagnosed and found the park brake switch wasn't closing, (therefore grounding on contact) regardless of what position the park brake handle is in.

The switch is seized in the "open" position.

I found a direct replacement searching the internet and found the average price to be about $200 USD.

I also found a clutch switch from the Western Star dealership down the road for $17.55 and decided to make my own.

Fabbed a bracket, bolted the switch to it, welded the bracket to the park brake mounting frame. The switched grounds to the bracket and now everything on my truck works perfectly the was it was designed. After I painted them OD.

switch1.jpg
switch2.jpg
switch3.jpg

wcuhillbilly

thats cool, I have never worried about my park brake switch as my park brake wont hold my 19 ton M816 anyhow. The switch your using is for a Jake brake and yes they are very cheap compaired to factory OEM equipment. If that retro fit switch is more than $20 look elsewhere, as your getting hosed.
Nice adaptation..... Thanks for the tip.[thumbzup]