• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An American Deuce in Canada

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The great thing about someone who can fabricate is that if he needs something he just makes it!

Very nice looking bed! Glad to see your update. I have always been following your trail adventures...still remember the 1017 Mercedes rolling off the road....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The King Machine

I did take the truck out into the mountains back in February.
3 nights in the freezing rain and snow.
I slept in the back with the cargo cover on. It was pretty cold lol

I stayed fairly local. The lake I went to was fairly low elevation so I figured I wouldn’t run into too much snow. A few friends went up the night before, I traveled alone in the Deuce and reached gravel at about 9pm. As I gained elevation the freezing rain turned to fairly heavy snow fall. There was about 2 feet when I reached camp. It rained heavily over the course of the weekend so much of the snow mekted
55BEE25C-C633-462D-9B6D-EA94A2ED5BD6.jpeg

out there alone in the dark with the snow falling I had a real “Just a man and his army truck moment”
I felt confident and had an extra boost of moral when I managed to reach camp via radio 25 kilometres out.
truck did it’s job, my lights did their job, and the radio did it’s share.
Moments like that really make the mods worth it.
Unfortunately I only managed one short video and a single picture.

F2559E6D-D807-4B18-A5D3-04DB792A1ED5.jpeg

The King Machine

Thanks Tracer.

I’d say I was a little rusty……

I was on the tools for 15 plus years, my trade was fabrication but have lots of experience welding. I’ve been in management for the last 8 or 9 years. I build ships for the Canadian Navy.

I’ll round the corners off and clean up the nozzle boogers before I paint.
I really want to Sand blast the truck and give it a good coat of paint.
8108EFA7-0BBB-4FAC-8870-D6EE32DDCFA0.jpeg

The King Machine

Same here. My Deuce is a 1971 and has been painted numerous times. Three times by me, and who knows how many times by the Army.
mine is starting to flake off in quarter size chunks.Down to the original factory paint and in some spots the primer. I’d say there’s at lease 9 layers of paint. Right in the middle there is clearly a layer of white.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She still roams.......
What's going on with CVSE and ICBC? If you're roaming does that mean they're helping again? Real good seeing that truck out in the scenery. We called tourism, CVSE, the weigh scales and transportation. We keep calling because they first told me the ban was about up-armoured MV's then heavy MV's. CVSE said they'd turn heavy tourist trucks around and send them home. That's when we called tourism BC and asked if we're still welcome.

Let us know what the insurance and registration folks are up to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks