• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AN/ VDR-2 deuce installation

Jeepsinker

Picked up a very clean example of this particular piece of equipment from a member at the GA rally, and would like to maybe see about procuring a vehicle mount and power supply, then mount it in my truck. Any of you fellas have a good pic of how and where they mount in the deuce? If it is too intrusive I won't bother. I already have dual rifle mounts in here, and these cabs aren't exactly spacious.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one of those too (looks new) that another member gave me. I'll be interested to see what it mounts to.

Cheers

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The mounts (5340-01-222-1374 MOUNT RESILIENT, MT-6123/VDR-2) get demiled just like the ones for the M8, but they do show up every once and a while vdr2.jpe

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry Garrett the mount is packed away and have no idea in the world where to start looking for it. I will keep an eye out for it and if I come across it will let you know.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mk2546 mounting bracket was available from American mil spec cheap. https://www.american-milspec.com/

It was just the angle bracket with a flat face and came with a small 4 pin cable. I have the cable not sure where my brackets are but I will look as there were a steal at the time. I bought some just for the stainless hardware and military Y packard connector. If the cable will work for you, it is yours
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/caformkna3a3.html

Attached is the manual

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When it rains, it pours-
I was poking around a small-town junk shop yesterday, and found two of these mounts (less the angled bracket in WSUC's post). From this thread, I knew what they were, so I bought them both (for $15).
Stopped at another junk store nearby, and lo, there was another one! Paid $5 for that one.

Two of them go in my vehicles, a buddy already talked me out of the third one.

The unit hinges open by undoing the two large silver screws. Note that the flap thing in the middle inside is hinged.

The power plug is marked Bendix 9109 71-573113-98S on the collar, and AC 8-98 B on the plug face.

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks