• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And Now for your spank... I mean viewing pleasure

bearboley

Someone clarify for me is it a Freightliner Or a Western star. Its a Western Star cab for sure but the hood looks like nothing else and it appears to have a small Freightliner badge on it. And yes I know Freightliner owns Western Star now. But what names on it?

Stan Leschert

its a frieghtshaker

Yup. What he said!

Having driven both, I would prefer the Western Star.

Now they are all owned by Dodge and their rich parents ... Daimler.....Bends ...
What ever happened to our trucks?

The Euros have some good ideas, but do they work well here?

Most of the Fright Liners that I have driven belong in a Stephen King book!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup. What he said!

Having driven both, I would prefer the Western Star.

Now they are all owned by Dodge and their rich parents ... Daimler.....Bends ...
What ever happened to our trucks?

The Euros have some good ideas, but do they work well here?

Most of the Fright Liners that I have driven belong in a Stephen King book!

"work well here": definitely. I would say any old DAF, Scania or Volvo is on par or beyond most US trucks in efficiency (how to use the available horsepower, fuel efficiency etc).

If you mean "like well" or "look well", now, that is a whole different kettle of fish. For me, the US trucks were much better looking and had much better sleeping facilites etc than their European counterparts, although in looks the long-nose old pre 1970s Volvo's and Scania were great also. But that is something like like putting a 5-ton (or maybe even a 10-ton) next to a deuce; the US trucks were huge compared to ours.

Just to add some picture links as comparison: an Americanized Scania and the real McCoy

Last edited:

M1075

He is something else.... This is one of those SC LVS's that came from GL a few weeks back! Looks like is heading west! Its' here in Illinois right now. Like Wreckerman says.... I can't have nothing either! aua
That looks like a M1075 PLS to me. The LVS was another type of truck built by Oshkosh.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks