• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And so it begins

noodlehead333

I've loved old Power Wagons ever since I saw a flat fender when I was about 13. I finally have my truck! Everybody say hi to Punkin. She's mostly stock right now but I am tearing her down and swapping in a Cummins and NV4500 that I still have to pick up in San Antonio next month. I'm planning for it to be a "forever" build. Not a show truck but "purty". My primary goal is to make it as bulletproof as I can. I plan it to be a daily driver. I'll be learning as I go so please be patient if I ask a lot of questions.

Attachments

Verkstad

Looks good !
Unlike you I prefer curvier things,,, I've got a '60 civilian model longbed PW.
Its been repowered with a Mercedes turbo diesel and other bits and bobs of a D309 series truck.

Good luck to your project.
Jakob

Bill W

Nice truck
You say your putting in a Cummins 4BT and a NV4500?,
Boy have you come to the right place!! something tells me Cabell is going to be around REAL SOON!! :wink:

noodlehead333

Nice truck
You say your putting in a Cummins 4BT and a NV4500?,
Boy have you come to the right place!! something tells me Cabell is going to be around REAL SOON!! :wink:
I hope so. I've seen his site and have read alot of the threads he has contributed to on here and on other sites. I can use all the help I can get.

emr

I have to say , please do not take it the wrong way, but a flat fender is a willys or ford jeep,these fenders are flat and very commonly called flat fenders, Like I say alot I have the last of the flat fenders A M38 ..., the trucks U are talking ...those are big round fenders....I have to say i also love those big round fenders !!!...Randy

Capt.Marion

I have to say , please do not take it the wrong way, but a flat fender is a willys or ford jeep,these fenders are flat and very commonly called flat fenders, Like I say alot I have the last of the flat fenders A M38 ..., the trucks U are talking ...those are big round fenders....I have to say i also love those big round fenders !!!...Randy
A Flat fender is also a B1-series Dodge Power Wagon... Welcome to Power Wagon Advertiser

noodlehead333

Guys - I didn't mean to imply that an M-37 is a "flat fender". I was talking about having seen a civilian Power Wagon when I was 13 that the guy referred to as a "flat fender" Dodge. I couldn't even tell you what year that thing was. But that was the beginning of the obsession that took 23 years to come to fruition.

jepsonjj

Noodlehead,

Are you going to leave the truck orange with black trim, I like the look??? Also, it's your truck you can call it anything you want - flat fender what ever!!!!!!

Joe

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice looking M37, I love the orange paint job, it actually looks good on it.

Now enough of that, get some 24087 and get spraying!

noodlehead333

Sorry traditionalists

Actually, I am going to repaint her orange, black, and blue (not much blue but it will be in select spots.) I fell in love with the orange when I bought her and decided right then and there that Punkin would be kept primarily orange. I'm still working on some sketches of the color scheme. I am not going to do anything too extreme but I don't want a monolithic paint job. My apologies to any traditionalists.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks