• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And the wife rolls her eyes again.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya gotta have one like mine. She love's playing with OD green stuff more than I do as long as she doesn't have to get too dirty doing it. She still wants a tracked vehicle, (read her own tank or APC), but I told her she had to learn to put the track back on herself first. She tried helping with a Sherman when it threw a track, and now she thinks maybe a weasel or other smaller tracked vehicle. She DOES like the 5 tons though too. And like she says, its better than my previous hobby. Now when she's looking for me its easy, I'm in the yard or shop. Before, I could be anywhere on three lakes with my tug.

boomer

Ya gotta have one like mine. She love's playing with OD green stuff more than I do as long as she doesn't have to get too dirty doing it. She DOES like the 5 tons though too.

It's good to know, I am not alone. I don't know why some other members (MVPA) wifes or girl friends (or both) have nothing to do with the hobby.
Still, it never stops them, from getting another!

Last edited:

sdb3023

My GF asked why I want one so bad and how I would ever justify the financial cost of my OD addiction. I looked at her and asked how she could justify spending several thousand on stainless steal appliances for her dream kitchen. She said just sat there and looked back at me :)

srodocker

mine told me she wanted a new ring...and i asked why and she said because she just wants one...which is what i told her about getting a deuce...hahah i won

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You didn't specify, "another WHAT"??? I've told mine several times I'd pack her stuff for her, Lionel and all and she could go elsewhere, but it didn't work. Told her if she came home and found her christmas tree lashed to the top of her truck, well, it was time to move back to Michigan. 29 years later, she and I are still here, and we're doing better than ever. She even buys OD Green Lionel stuff for her collection, (she's a real train buff, wants a caboose with a Chessie cat logo on it, a REAL one. Almost had it too out of Jacksonville Fla. or somewhere but the city didn't like the idea.) So sharing is good.

greenjeepster

mine told me she wanted a new ring...and i asked why and she said because she just wants one...which is what i told her about getting a deuce...hahah i won
Well if anymore Kentucky trucks come up again buy one and I will go get it and drive it around for you until you can get down to pick it up:razz:

chgofiveo

Just won TWO M1009's from GSA. Got a great price for them, too, one for $405 and the other for $602. The wife just rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, goody." Funny thing is that she didn't sound all that excited. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that.
Great job with those trucks!!
Give the wife a back or foot rub, she'll be OK!!

:-D