• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

and you thought a GL recovery was hard

roscoe

Wow, sitting for 20 years. I actually thought it was going to be alot longer but to get it up and running after all that time is pretty cool. I like the beat up worn look of it. I wonder if they plan to do any restoration.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am utterly speechless. I just can not believe they made that thing run. I just................................ speechless.

To get a vehicle running that's been sitting like that is just amazing. It's a testament to the things this Country used to be able (or was willing) to build.

And you guys need to stop posting all this US6 madness! You are going to make me doing something I don't need to do! Like buy one!

50shooter

Scary to think that I stood at the very spot that truck was parked about 2 weeks after they recovered it. I about choked when I started looking at the pics and realized it. My brother is stationed up there and we went on a moose hunt of a lifetime with his friends. This was sitting next to an old miners runway. Not a nice smooth open runway but a rocky twisted semi straight runway with death and destruction on both ends.

To say this in off the beatin path is so understated. This is approx. 13 hours by buggy from civilization. The terrain is un believable. You have to cross mountains, swamps, rivers, rocks etc. We did it in converted deuce buggies that were special built for the purpose. To think this guy recovered it under these circumstances is a true testiment to how bad he wanted it.

I'll post a pic of the other buggie that is still sitting there, you can see it in the background of his picture #20.

Back then they did use airplane tires and chains.

Awesome Awesome story that I'll share with all the guys from camp this year.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks