• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

annoying questioneer

RodUSMC1962

Does any one else have problem with a survey popping up and not allowing access to ss and wont let you bypass it unless you X out and start all over? I had this problem awhile back, went away, and is back now big time.Some times I have to go through this several times before I can get in.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed it today when I clicked on a google search result(on SS).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was able to duplicate the issue. Looks like the exploit that hit the site is affecting google's site. (Which the google search function relies on) Unfortunately, that's out of my hands.

I can do two things, remove the google search option. Or we can live with it?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well I throw it out there because it's something I added on. There's an internal search function the board can use as well. I'm also moving this out to the open forums for better exposure.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Actually hold up, it's a variant of the search redirect issue I battled before. I've made one change, but I've got to get Graham to verify some server settings before I check things off.

namedpipes

FWIW I've seen it several times, only from Google search and only when searching SS. I generally use Chrome but I saw the same testing with IE. I've not seen it occur with any other website.

Pressing <backspace> (or clicking the back icon) and then re-clicking the google link, the redirect does not happen again.

I have a habit of googling sites to reach them instead of using favorites because my fav menu is terribly disorganized.

3dAngus

It seems to come and go in cycles. It's from Google. It will probably go away again after a while. They'll get it right one day and cut out the leeches.

RodUSMC1962

I have noticed if I click on the for sale forum, instead of going right to the main new posts, I bypass the problem ,then just go to the new post forum. Hope this works for others. Thanks patracy for your help.If it wasnt for ss I wouldnt mess with this thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks