• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Annual Del City, OK Armed Forces Parade 2010

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well guys, its time again for the 25th Annual Armed Forces Day/Shriners Parade in Del City, OK

Unfortunatly it is schedule for the same weekend as the Augusta, KS parade.

MAy 15, 2010
http://www.cityofdelcity.com/Misc%20Reports/Parade%20Flyer%202010.pdf

Let me know who can attend so I can get us signed up.

Last years event.................

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/35110-salute-armed-forces-pararde.html?highlight=parade

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/mo-ok-...orces-parade-may-9-09-a.html?highlight=parade

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We only have two trucks comfirmed for the parade. Anyone else?

Tackettr

I have drill that weekend or I would be there. That is one of my favorite parades! My girls had a great time too! Just bring loads and loads of candy!!!!:grd:

Happyland1410

Assuming the deuce makes the 80+ mile trip OK that morning I will be there.

Now when people see the deuce and ask "what are you going to do with that?" I can tell them it is used for parades. :rolleyes:

Is someone putting in a parade application for the group or do we all need to fill one out?

M813A1

Remember Everyone to bring enough candy to throw out to the kiddos !!! The parade route is about 3 mile long and it is alot of fun !!!! Hope to see everyone soon

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Oklahoma Convoy has been registered. We don't have our staging number yet. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Warthog

M813A1

Ok fellas !! We are going to meet at the small 3 store shopping center the building is along the frontage road on the north side of I-40 and west of Sunnylane !! There is a Sewing store in that little shopping center !! I hope to see everyone there maybe we can get a Good Showing of the Oklahoma Convoy ot the Steel Soldiers !!

Happyland1410

I have been working on the deuce to get ready for the parade. Friday evening I worked on getting my two best tires moved to the front axle since those tires were in pretty bad shape. I must be getting old because after taking off and putting back on 4 wheels I was worn out. I had one lug nut that I thought me and the 4 foot cheater bar were just not going to be enough for. :shock: Note to self: I need to get a bigger air impact!

So, now that I think I have the tires all ready for the trip, I take the deuce in to town Saturday afternoon to fill it with fuel and take it to the car wash. Everything was going great until Murphy met me at the car wash. I'm almost done and I notice that the left front tire (the brand new spare I just moved there yesterday) looks a little low. By the time I'm done, it is getting really low and I can hear the air escaping due to the water. At first I think I just need to air it up and get it back home. I pulled it out of the wash bay into the parking lot and quickly realized I'm not making it home on this tire.:sad:

So now I have to call my dear wife and give her the list of tools she needs to bring to me. I changed the tire and made it home. Now I just need to get the flat fixed this week. At least Murphy didn't wait until I was on my way to the parade for this little episode. :lol:

Hope to see everyone there Saturday!

TulsaME

Looks like I'm in for the parade!

I need a little advice... how much candy do I need to bring? Got any other tips for a parade newb?

:driver:

M813A1

I am hoping that the rains holds off till after the parade ??? Ya it did shower just before the parade started last year but it still was lots of Fun !! on the candy I bought about 4 70.00 worth and I ran out just the end of the parade I guess I need to look at the bigger bags !!! LOL !!

Happyland1410

I'm sad to say it looks like I won't be able to bring the deuce Saturday. :(

Work is keeping me too busy to get the flat taken care of this week and I just noticed a few minutes ago that I have a leak on the inside of the left front wheel. I have not had time to see what is leaking but all of this is telling me not to chance a 160+ mile road trip just yet.

So, does anyone need a passenger to help throw candy? I already bought candy.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear about the truck issues. We hav plenty of room for Candy throwing and some extra vehicles for you to drive if you want.

Remind me to give you the extra wheel cylinder when you are here.

TulsaME

I found the meeting point (embroidery shop) on Google Maps so I know where to meet. But I'm not sure of a time to meet. Has one been set?

I purchased candy but don't have a passenger to help distibute. Anyone wanting a ride is free to join me.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the phone with the Del City officials. The parade is still on rain or shine.

They didn't have our slot number available yet.

There is a UHaul store at S.E. 9th and Sunnylane, there will be an official there with the slot number of the"Oklahoma Convoy" and will direct you to the proper location.

I will be there around 8:30 and will save some room. We may or may not be at the embrodery shop. You need to be there by 9:00am at the latest and the Parade starts at 10:00am.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/2-aCzdITYMg_Uy

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks