• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another 002a

massey

Just finished this one, I had been on and off it for a while. It needed a pump and the correct button, I set the injector pressures, the bores looked good so a new head gasket and new head bolts, the compression and oil pressure were good, everything mechanical was good along with it's operation. So I tore it down, cleaned it and shot it with rustoleum, 1 part Rusty Red Primer and 3 parts Satin Hunter Green got the color I was happy with, added hardener and reduced with lacquer thinner. After assembly I applied Jims placards and had the other decals made in a light tan color. Last thing I need to do is make some battery hold downs.

001.jpg (53.8 KB)

Attachments

Jimc

Btw i do have the other decals i can make. Didnt know you needed them or i would have said something when you bought the kit. Oh well, prob just as easy to get them locally.

Jimc

Yeah i can make anything really. The printed data plate decals i need to sub out but lettering or any other decals i can cut right here in the shop on my vinyl cutter.

Triple Jim

Winner....LOL... I happened to notice that just after I applied it and stood back to have a look. Oh well.
That's always the way... like just after I post on a board like this I notice some stupid mistake that I didn't see when I previewed it.

I see you used two garden tractor batteries. Funny coincidence that today my fork lift battery died. It's one of those long, thin 12V batteries that costs a lot and doesn't last as long as it should. So I grabbed a three year old Walmart garden tractor battery and connected it to see if it would let me use the lift. I figured that if I modify the battery holder, it will take two of those little batteries in parallel, and it would have more capacity than the "correct" battery. The one battery started the engine several times with no trouble at all. I'm going to try it with one for a while and see if I really need a 2nd one. Those Walmart batteries seem to be way above average in life for that particular one.

Jimc: My son is printing me a couple brackets to hold the garden tractor battery. I'll post a photo for you when they're done.

Jimc

Yeah sooner or later i will just have to sit down and mess with it. What is the program you son uses and do you know if it runs on mac?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks