• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another 6.2 issue bad freeze plug

ranchhopper

I have another issue with the 1009 its leaking a lot of coolant from the back of the engine inside the trans bell housing. I assume the only thing it could possibly be is a rusted freeze plug. I was wondering if anyone had replaced the rear freeze plug while the engine was still in the truck. I realize the trans has to come out but is there enough clearance to pull the old one and install the new one being so high in the block.

ranchhopper

I was going to probably do that I just have little time for that now I just bought a 1008 last week I have to hire a transport to go get it I'm sure its going to have issues too. If it has a good running engine I may swap it into the blazer and freshen up the blazer engine and drop it into the 1008 in the spring. The 1008 was said to have a bad trans maybe I could get lucky for once and it would be a vacuum issue and that's it.

LT67

I have the same issue at the moment, freeze plug next to the drivers side motor mount is leaking.

cucvrus

You could pull the old one out and replace it with a block heater. Or pull the steel ones out and replace them with brass or expandable rubber plugs to make it easy. Good Luck. I had a tool for installing them. I lent it out and the man died. I never went back looking for it.