• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Alaskan Newbie

Sasquatch

First of all thanks for everything on the site, I've already searched through a ton of threads and the resources so glad I found the site.

Planning on picking up my first MV tomorrow, a M1008 equipped with a v-plow up front. It was an originial Alaska truck with only 19k miles and practically no rust!!! I think it has the arctic kit, has the swingfire heater. I'm having it checked out by a mechanic tomorrow and hopefully I'll be bringing it home.

Like priest from a couple newbie posts ago, I was thinking of adding some nose art, painting teeth on the Vplow and maybe calling it the Warthog after the A-10, the only aircraft designed around its weapon system. I served 5 1/2 years with the Army so while I'm looking for a dedicated plow/work truck this seems perfect but also a reminder of the time I served.

Thanks again for everything, I'll post pics in the regular section when I get it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks