• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Alaskan Newbie

Sasquatch

First of all thanks for everything on the site, I've already searched through a ton of threads and the resources so glad I found the site.

Planning on picking up my first MV tomorrow, a M1008 equipped with a v-plow up front. It was an originial Alaska truck with only 19k miles and practically no rust!!! I think it has the arctic kit, has the swingfire heater. I'm having it checked out by a mechanic tomorrow and hopefully I'll be bringing it home.

Like priest from a couple newbie posts ago, I was thinking of adding some nose art, painting teeth on the Vplow and maybe calling it the Warthog after the A-10, the only aircraft designed around its weapon system. I served 5 1/2 years with the Army so while I'm looking for a dedicated plow/work truck this seems perfect but also a reminder of the time I served.

Thanks again for everything, I'll post pics in the regular section when I get it.