• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Arkansan

jholler

Hi y'all,
I've been looking for a 3/4 ton 4x4 to replace the truck I swapped in on the "cash for clunkers" deal, and decided that a M1009 would fit my bill nicely...as luck would have it, I found one right here in Jonesboro Arkansas in really good running condition, only a few rust spots on the body, and right in my price range! Got my '86 M1009 courtesy of the 135th Avn of the Missouri National Guard 3 days ago, and I am lovin it. I've been snooping the forums, and gathering info on A)installing a class 3 hitch so I can pull my pontoon boat or my tractor, and B) getting set up to filter and run a WMO mix. I spent 4 years active in the USMC (0351) and the last 14 years in the Arkansas National Guard (12B). It's been a great run, but I am READY for that 20 year letter to arrive...I've got 17 years left to retirement as a professional firefighter, and my kids are tired of me being deployed. (I am too!) This seems like a great, informative site. Thanks in advance for all I'm gonna learn!

mslogr

Welcome to the site, from the other side of the river. There's alot of info here, not to mention fantastic folks.

ARYankee

Welcome to the site and the addiction!!!! You have come to the right place :) Like I said in my PM if you need anything just send me a PM or if you are in the Little Rock area give me a shout. BTW... Thank you for your service!!!! Enjoy the M1009 and this awesome site!

deuceaid

Banned
Welcome guys ( already said it to one of ya). You`ll like being a member here , lots of good info, but more importantly , the people, especially after you read posts like
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/35173-stranded-deuce-searchlight-nv.html

its a common theme here, most recent one I can think of was a guy who lost the rear main oil seal up in Idaho , and another guy that lost the front axle bearing in daytona Florida.

Enjoy!

68t

Welcome Ar-Kansas to SS. I been around alot of you folks over there . I worked with a lot of arkansas guard over sea,s and went to the aviation schools with them. I go to petit jean mountain, to the MV shows. Might get to see you around sometime.[thumbzup]