• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another boot install question

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My non zipper boots have a cutout on the inside. 90 deg off from the top and bottom. I get the top and bottom orientation.
The Tactical Repair video has this cut out on the opposite side of the clamp.

If I read every post on boots my beneficiaries would be finishing this install.

Purpose and orientation?

Thanks

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My non zipper boots have a cutout on the inside. 90 deg off from the top and bottom. I get the top and bottom orientation.
The Tactical Repair video has this cut out on the opposite side of the clamp.

If I read every post on boots my beneficiaries would be finishing this install.

Purpose and orientation?

Thanks
Hopefully the repairs won't have to be done by your beneficiaries... Although reading everything might take that long or longer!

Using just logic, I would think that cutout is using the same mold as the boots with a zipper.
BEST GUESS is that point of the boot where your thumb is would go at the top.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for the boots been to long to remember. One thing I do remember put some grease on / inside of the spindle bushing before you install / bolt the spindle back on the axle.

Last edited:

V8srfun

I did mine in the same orientation as tactical repair without issue. Can’t remember the answer at the moment but I thought the same thing when I got my boots. If memory serves me correct the purpose and orientation was obvious when installing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks