• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another broken IP/HH thread.................help

Bonsai4youbyken

So I know we have some but I wanna ping some ideas and ask for help.

Just got my m35a2 and my pump seems to have failed.

Last night after trying what I can easily case down while in a grocery store parking lot, I found I have good fuel pressure from the fuel pump, up past the filters, and into the HH.

From there is where I am stuck.

I pulled a couple fuel lines off the hh and tried starting the the truck, I was getting no fuel to come out, so I pulled to middle bolt and tested to see if the piston was moving in the HH by useing a dowl and turing over the starter a few times.

It does move but I don't know how much travel the Piston really should have.(ANYONE know?)

Next I pulled off the fuel cutoff block on the side of the HH to see if anything was disconnected or sticking.

Everything seemed like it had been connected correctly but with this cover off and trying to turn over the motor no fuel was visible ( which I think it should be?)

So that kind of left me wondering if the O-rings on the HH might be bad and I'm not building pressure internally (even though the Piston is moving?)

Maybe there could there be an actual issue with the injection pump itself?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Just a hopeful snippet, Way way back (and in the dim recesses of my mind) I seem to recall the same symptoms. And I traced it to the fuel line from the tank blocked where it coupled into the rear of the fuel pump. I also seem to recall it had a gauze filter in the pump at that point where the fuel pipe coupled in. Hope this helps as a faulty pump is bad news. Good luck.