• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another DUKW....I just could not pass it up

jaxsof

Clinto, well, everyone, I dont want to make you cry, but the last time I rode past this place on the Metro was about a year ago, and there were 4 DUKWs sitting in a row. I just pulled the map, and if you go to MSN Maps, and search for 882 Channing Pl,. 20018 (birdseye), you can still see one of them upright, and a second one upside down. Im gonna try to ride past there tomorrow to confirm, but what a waste!

Edit: If you look on google maps, about a block north on Reed St., there are 6 DUKWs, that may be salvageable. Ill attempt to get contact info for anyone interested.

Last edited:

army70deuce

I took my first ride in a DUKW in Boston a few weeks ago, asked my wife if I could sell the deuce and get a DUKW.....I'll bring her around eventually.

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I moved mine about 300 ft today its the first time I moved it in over a yr. I have a hard time even getting up on it now. Should have sold it two yrs ago when I got the offer but I kept hoping I would be able to do more. They are a most impressive toy. Eddy

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to say what one costs mine is not perfect and needs lots of the little stuff to finish but runs good and floats well its for sale in the classifieds for $50K I have seen DUKWs for as little as $30K or as much as $150K so as I said its hard to say what they cost. I paid $26K for mine $4K to ship and get it here into Canada and so far have put over another $30K in it. As I said it is still not done and still needs lots of finishing. Eddy

RDUKW

Wowzer need to sell a house to own a DUKW lol.
DUKWs have been a great investment for me. I remembered when you could get a decent DUKW for less then 10k. They just seem to keep climbing on price. I have considered selling my second DUKW but I'm not sure it would be wise.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
DUKWs have been a great investment for me. I remembered when you could get a decent DUKW for less then 10k. They just seem to keep climbing on price. I have considered selling my second DUKW but I'm not sure it would be wise.
I wish my poor DUKW looked like yours.:roll: But not too long from now she will run/drive/stop enough to get to where she needs to be to represent the Veterans that used them. Also, the CAMO guys say they are gonna swim her eventually...but I will be a casual observer from the bank of the river!!:papabear: