• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another FNG

NewToDeuce

Hello SS, I am here to learn as much as possible about the deuce and when I get my own to mod it with alot of things. Short list below...

-Diesel swap
-Bobbed
-Lifted
-Interior
-OEM treats for the Rocks
-Tires
-Paint
-Lights

.....thats it for now haha.

Thanks for having me!

NewToDeuce

Thanks guys, I figure I will be doing alot of reading and also downloading manuals and if lucky I will be buying manuals. I dont think I will be doing alot of off-roading as I would love to keep this as my daily driver/tow rig. I will upgrade the Rocks with just a few things from OEM and since everything is still just plans on a white board I am open to any and everything to make my future deuce last as long as possible.

As far criticism I dont have problems with opinions. I dont want to do things wrong so if someone sees anything I am more than willing to fix it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Don't ask or talk about jacking a deuce up and making it go 70 mph in the left lane and it'll be a decent start.

Use the search when possible.

Download and read the manuals.

Deuces suck fuel so use of a deuce as a daily driver aren't the best idea. Plenty of threads out there that discuss this.

Plenty of deuces for sale either via the govt or via private sellers. Check the classified for private sellers. Search function can tell you about the normal places to buy from govt (Government Liquidation and GSAuction).

Don't talk about doing something unsafe or stupid and you will most likely survive your first contact.

Good luck.

41cl8m5

Welcome, another vic has been bitten.

Carnac,
In the notice on top it still says the old site is still down, Do you know of a way to download the TM's that I'm missing? If you do let us know. I still need to download some things.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, GREAT wealths of knowledge with the people here BUT be careful some folks like these great historical vehicles left as they were intended (ORIGINAL) and be prepared for some people NOT to agree with some of your changes, I personally LIKE ORIGINAL VERY MUCH but will keep my thoughts to myself! Good luck and WELCOME!
KK

NewToDeuce

Don't ask or talk about jacking a deuce up and making it go 70 mph in the left lane and it'll be a decent start.

Use the search when possible.

Download and read the manuals.

Deuces suck fuel so use of a deuce as a daily driver aren't the best idea. Plenty of threads out there that discuss this.

Plenty of deuces for sale either via the govt or via private sellers. Check the classified for private sellers. Search function can tell you about the normal places to buy from govt (Government Liquidation and GSAuction).

Don't talk about doing something unsafe or stupid and you will most likely survive your first contact.

Good luck.
I hope I dont offend people, im not gunna put flames on the truck or need it for the highway. I live in a little town so if I need to go on the highway I will be using my super duty.

Keep the multifuel, run WMO, Free or very cheap fuel is better than $4.00 diesel Check out the alternative fuels section. Welcome to the site.
Thanks! I do love myself some chemistry.

If you dont like people modding them and your reading this I love the military and wanna preserve its history. I will even take a rusted truck and need to build it back up instead of a rust free one.

Thanks for the responses guys

KsM715

Its not the modding them that bothers people here. Heck we even have a forum for hot rod and modded deuces. Its the unsafe, hillbilly, I dont give a **** about other people on the hiway attitude that ruffles feathers around here. And rightly so

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I hope I dont offend people, im not gunna put flames on the truck or need it for the highway. I live in a little town so if I need to go on the highway I will be using my super duty.

Thanks! I do love myself some chemistry.

If you dont like people modding them and your reading this I love the military and wanna preserve its history. I will even take a rusted truck and need to build it back up instead of a rust free one.

Thanks for the responses guys
Welcome and do not be intimidated. This is a great site. Attend meetings and rallys with the members here on the site. Please use the search function. Read, read and read. Everything you ever wanted to know has been addressed in the threads and even more in the manuals. No flames is a good idea and do not even think about making a lowrider rapper deuce..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks