• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Ft. Sill M1101 finds a new home

DeadParrot

Picked up my M1101 from Ft. Sill on the 28[SUP]th[/SUP]. The GL lady was very helpful and the paperwork only took a couple of minutes. She has too much fun driving the forklift but is very good with it. No EUC needed on this one. The tires had less than 10lbs but a portable air tank had them up to the 14lbs the TM specified. Had a pre-made flat 4 wiring harness made up and after swapping out the 24v for 12v bulbs all the lights worked. The clearance lights are all LED. The drive home to OKC was uneventful. When I did a hub check stop after 10 or so miles, the hubs were not even warm.

It is a 2009 build. One oddity is the data plate shows a 2/28/2009 delivery date while the axle tag shows a 3/31/2009 date. Guessing the chassis is built in one place and mated with an axle somewhere else.

One nice thing about Oklahoma trailer laws is non-commercial trailers have no registration/license/title requirements. The MV dept. even has a letter in PDF format that spells this out. They recommend you carry a copy if traveling out of state.

The trailer has a few small dings and dents. One of the small outside tie down loops is somewhat smashed. It so far appears to be otherwise in excellent shape. The paint is somewhat faded as the paint under the rear support feet is darker. I found that Rustoleum 7771 Sand is a close match. The satin/flat variant might be even better but gloss is what Home Depot had. There is a before and after shot of the rear of the trailer.

Attachments

DeadParrot

Here is a picture of the flat four wiring harness I made up. For my PU, I needed about 8.5 feet of cable which does leave some spare just in case. And a shot of it connected under the trailer.

After reading on this site about Dot3/Dot5 brake fluid, I did a test of what I had in the trailer. In that picture, the stuff on the bottom is fresh Dot3 and the stuff on top is from the trailer. When I shook it up, it looked like a mess but soon separated out. This was shot about a day after shaking.

Attachments

Deano

Where did you find those connectors? I still got to wire mine. I agree that lady was a demon on that fork lift. She was nice enough though. I live in Texas but didnt have an issue getting the plate. Lights are next. Yours looks pretty good like mine. I had a few dents but pounded those out. Looks like new now!

Deano

Oh great. I think I already goofed on bulbs. I bought 1003 bulbs. I saw several post. Some saying 67 others 1003. I guess I rolled the dice. They do fit. I think im going to cut and splice the wires with those packard connectors that are already on it. Im leaving the mil plug on it and just adding my own. Thanks for the site.

John Galt

Looking good DeadParrot. Thanks for the tip on the connectors. I have a few 4 pin pigtails laying around and will make a few of these for myself. How many of each bulb did you use?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks