• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another fuel pump question

massey

I won two MEP-002a's at Fort Meade a few weeks ago and have been working on them a little. The first one I got running has very bad blow-by and the other one wouldn't run due to a stuck injection pump.

I pulled the stuck pump apart and found this:

Lots of shrapnel, and did not have that plunger guide or the gear retainer as shown in the parts breakdown. Looks like I'll need at least a plunger, sleeve, tappet, delivery valve spacer, etc.

I pulled the pump from the engine with the blow-by and found both of these pumps have the same #1 stamped on their buttons.

Since these both have the same buttons, can I interchange these pumps with no issues?

Thanks for your time

Ed

Attachments

storeman

Ed,
I would say yes, you can exchange parts. If there are shims beneath the pumps, keep them with the block, not the pumps.. The torn down pump you saw on my bench when you were here looked similar in terms of damage. Let me know if I can help.
Jerry

massey

Thanks Jerry. I was thinking of just swapping the entire pump for now just to see if the this unit runs. Depending of the carnage I find in the one with the blow-by, I'm sure I'll be needing a few things for it.

Ed

massey

OK, I swapped the pump and she fired right up. I have it running with about 30% indicated load, I figure I'll let it run a while and then check compression and leak-down numbers.

Ed

Jimc

Just looked at the pic if the broken pump. Thats the first one i have seen of the other type. The plunger is tapered on the end that is broken. That pump actually matches whats in the manual. Mine is different

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks