• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Gainesville Ga. event

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I received this email to day, the director of Park & Rec. (Touch-A-Truck coordinator) gave her the SS address as well as my contact info, I talked to her on the phone, Told her I would post this for her, the event is from 12:00 to 4:00, Sun, May 5th., I plan on going as the park is about 30 minutes away, I know this is the weekend AFTER Dave's BBQ, If someone wants to bring a truck let me know. Now that I have the 819 running, and since I LIKE driving it, I'll go to all of these close events

"Good Morning -
I was reading the posts regarding Gainesville's Touch a Truck. I'm the Program Coordinator for the Hall County Animal Shelter and we are having a similar event on May 5th at Laurel Park. Along with the usual government vehicles that we have I would like to have a large military presence at Laurel Park. I've contacted the Army, Marines and National Guard but no firm committments have been made. I'm looking for some advise.....I'm new to Steel Soldiers. Do many of the members have access to military vehicles/equipment? Little does she know.
I appreciate your time - thank you!
Cindy Langman
Program Coordinator
Hall County Animal Shelter"

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would really like to do something that would help animals.

TMNT

I intend to be there with my truck. I just wanted to make sure this was a separate event and not the same event that was planned for August.

Clinto, I agree and will do what I can to support causes for animals.

Now I really have to get my door hinge/mirror rebuild project finished!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just a update as the date is getting closer, I need to know who and with what is taking part in this event by April 19 (entry form turn in date), It is RAIN or SHINE May 5, so far a m819 and two m35a2s have commited. later on I will post a map to the event. I am thinking about all meeting up in a big grocery parking lot on the way to the event then ALL convoy in together. (Love military truck convoys)
We need to be set up BY 1130 hrs.
I am sure if someone decides to take part in this event at the last minute, they will not be turned away.
Thanks everyone

TMNT

Ron, I'm still in with my M35A2. Hopefully sporting some fresh paint and looking sharp. I like the convoy idea, too.

dangeroustyz

Ron, Im back. Gone but not forgoten. I was on restriction for a week. Anyway im still down for the pound(dog pound that is) Ill be there

dangeroustyz

Ron, doctor says my colesteral is high... I gota lay off the cat. Wont be able to make it to this event. Actually my friend wants me to go to the "WEST GA MUD PARK". (TMNT thats out by you i think). He says its pretty kool and want me to take truck out there. If anybody want to come with....COME ON. Especially you Ron. Besides there are alot of stray cats and dogs. I like animals and all BUT come on people. NEUTER. Anyway Captain Ron I will come to your touch-a-truck event. Thanks Bro

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hi guys, I sorta need to know who would is going to bring their truck to this event by thursday night, I need to get the names in by fri, I am sure that if someone decided it show up on Sun. the fifth, they won't be sent home.

Thanks, Ron

dangeroustyz

Ron. You got my contact info. I was thinking....... Helping you out (and those yummy cats) is way more important than mud bogging. Plus my man TMNT is going soo i kinda have to go. Count me in brother Ron. "CINCO DE DOGO"

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Anybody else went to come to this event, I think there are 3 deuces plus the m819 that are going to take part, if anybody else wants to take part, the directions to the meet up point and my phone number is below. Just please let me know so I can let the event coordinator know, I have been assured that NO late sign up will be turned away.

I was thinking that ALL the trucks would meet at J&J foods, then all convoy in together, we need to be in place by 11:30, so thought 10:30 at J&J would be a good meet time. Leave the parking lot at about 11:00 or sooner if everybody is there. The park is about 5 miles away. the event is "supposed" to run from 12:00 to 4:00

To get to J&Js
coming up 985 take exit 24
at the first light, take a LEFT
at the forth light, take a RIGHT (limestone parkway)
go though one light, look for advance auto parts on the right, just after advance (a few stores up) is J&J foods, turn into the parking lot.

Thanks Ron
703-389-6705

dangeroustyz

Ron I missed a bunch of great guys and food at King Zout's. I wont let it happen again. Ill be there. Ill try to get my friend Matt to bring his crew cab. Asking alot though since its cinco de mayo...:beer: whats for lunch?????? HOTDAWGS