• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Gainesville Ga. event

TMNT

Ron, I got your message earlier about the event being postponed for weather. Let us know when they reschedule.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I talked to all three members that would be coming, for anybody else thinking of taking part, the event has been postponed due to weather (rain, rain, rain), they are goung to try for Sunday, May 19, If the wreather is bad for that date there is a good chance the date will be bumped back again, I will keep everybody informed on what is going on,

dangeroustyz

Ron, I talked to you as well. I got patracy's number ill see if maybe we can rendevu on 129. Just keep me posted ahead of time. I may be able to bring acouple of other members as well.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all this rain Ron you are going to have to mow your grass that day and won't be able to make the event :)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
With all this rain Ron you are going to have to mow your grass that day and won't be able to make the event :)
MY grass went ALL last year without a mower (neighbor felt sorry for me and cut it 2 or 3 times) so missing a chance to mow it this year will not bother me in the least, if need be, I'll park EVERYTHING (2 wreckers, 2 trailers, my pu, daughters car, a cucv) on the front yard, as the grass dies under them move them to new spots, less ware and tear on the mower.

Love droughts, grass does not seem to, the bad thing about rain is that you can't work in it and grass seems to REALLY like it, in fact showing it's love by growing a inch a rain day

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
No way I can make it, I am so far behind on projects with all this rain.

dangeroustyz

Hey troops. I just talked to brother Ron and he is laid up in the hospital. Seems like he tried to ride a 4wheeler and got hurt. Should of stuck with the big toyz Ron. He seems to be ok but may not make it to this event. I am going to gainesville hospital tuesday to check on him. Stubborn guy wants someone to carry on this event even though he cant. What do you say brothers. CAN WE MAKE IT? My truck is broke down but i am catching a rYde with Mr. Taylor and im sure TMNT will be there. can always count on that guy. Lets keep this event alive and make Ron proud. All he does is try to help everybody else, so lets help him.... WHO'S WITH ME????????????????

TMNT

I think we should stick with Ron's original plan to meet at J&J Foods at 10:30 Sunday morning. Look a few posts back for the details on how to get there.

I'll call the Gainesville Parks department tomorrow for confirmation that the event will still be held on the 19th. Unless something goes wildly wrong for me this week, I'll be there with my truck.

TMNT

I just spoke to the nice people at the Hall County Animal Shelter, and the Touch a Truck event is confirmed for Sunday, May 19 from noon 'till 4:00.

The location is Laurel Park off of Brown's Bridge Rd. I'll find a map and post it, but if you look a few posts back you'll see Ron's original plan to meet at J&J Foods and the convoy in together. It always looks cooler to arrive in convoy, although I'm hoping I'm not a convoy of one! If you can make it for Sunday afternoon, lets do something to help out the animal shelter and put on a good show in Ron's honor. Maybe it will inspire him to quit milking those little scratches he's got and get back back on his feet!

TMNT

Ron's original directions with a couple of enhancements:

To get to J&Js
coming up 985N take exit 24 (Hwy 129, Jesse Jewell Parkway)
turn LEFT
at the forth light (0.6 miles), take a RIGHT (Limestone parkway)
Go 1.4 miles north, look for advance auto parts on the right, just after advance (a few stores up) is J&J foods, turn into the parking lot.

From J&J Foods to Laurel Park:

Go 2.75 miles north on Highway 129 (becomes Cleveland Highway)
Turn RIGHT on New Bridge
Turn RIGHT on Couch Cir
Turn LEFT on Old Cleveland Rd
Turn LEFT on Laurel Park Rd

I don't know exactly where in the park, but there is a large parking lot near the entrance on the right and I would expect it to be held there. If not, continue on down Laurel Park Rd and there are more parking lots near the end of the road.

As Ron said, we need to be at the park at 11:30. The event runs from 12:00 noon to 4:00pm. I'd like to rally up at J&J, and then roll out from there at 11:15 sharp.

My number is 770-231-5231. I stay on the phone a lot, so I may be more responsive to a text message. Thanks and I hope to see you there.

TMNT

I talked to the folks at the Hall County Animal Shelter this afternoon and the event is still on for Sunday. There is a 40% chance of showers, but they have not cancelled the Touch a Truck event.

They have my number and promised to call if anything changed.

If you can make it, I'm still planning to be at J&J Foods about 10:30 Sunday morning. Lets meet up there.

dangeroustyz

Scott, I hope some members meet up with you and the weather gods are in your favor. Man i cant even get my truck off the driveway. Its dead in the water. Ole' lady kinda mad its taking up the driveway.Have fun fellas and Ron nice pic.

TMNT

Cindy, with the Hall County Animal Shelter is going to meet us at J&J Foods in the morning. If you're thinking about doing this, come on out. I'm hoping to see a lot of trucks and we'll have a good time, rain or shine.

TMNT

I scrambled around Saturday to get my seats back in. I took my wife to see the Alabama concert on Saturday night, but still crawled out of bed at 6:00 Sunday morning to get my truck washed (in the rain), rousted my son out of bed so we'd have time to stop for breakfast, and had the truck warming up when Cindy said they had decided to postpone it yet again.

Other folks gave bigger problems for sure, but I'm looking forward to not doing a dang thing this weekend.