• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Hard start CUCV

kdaniels

I have noticed my M1009 was getting harder to crank on cold ( for south Alabama) days. The relay on the fire wall made a sound like closing a squeeky door followed by a thump and the wait light would finally go out . If it made that sound I knew it would not start.

Since it has been running near perfectly for the last 9 years I felt the place to start looking was the relay. A trip to my parts stash produced a new relay and 20 minutes later I had it installed and the batterys reconnected. The new relay solved the noise and starting issues. My truck now is back to starting like it was new again.

Reading the trouble shooting manuals and the posts of other members on the forum who share their problems and solutions have proven to be a wealth of information. THANKS to eveyone who have posted repair advice on the forum....it helps to keep my OD fever high.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it's a relay.

Relays switch, and solenoids actuate.

Westech

CPL
The solenoid can be found for $6-$14 on ebay and all other military part sites.
It comes in to good service to replace the Glow Plugs and the solenoid every
other year one way or the other. Its 70 bucks in parts to insure you have a starting truck and
lessen the chance of taking out a control card.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks